AREAS OF EXPERTISE
DOWNLOAD / PRINT
University of Victoria
British Columbia, 2012
Ms. Godey’s practice is focused on all aspects of commercial real estate. She regularly advises clients on issues related to the acquisition, financing, development, sale and leasing of development and investment properties. Ms. Godey also provides advice on construction matters, including builder’s liens, and has experience drafting construction contracts.
- Acting for clients in the purchase and sale of commercial properties, including office buildings, development sites and residential apartment buildings;
- Acting for landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of office, retail and ground leases, including assignments and subleases;
- Acting for lenders in various commercial lending transactions;
- Drafting stipulated price, cost plus and construction management contracts;
- Acting for small and medium-sized businesses in a variety of corporate commercial matters, including incorporations, asset and share purchases and sales, and drafting commercial contracts such as shareholders’ agreements.