AREAS OF EXPERTISE
DOWNLOAD / PRINT
University of British Columbia
British Columbia, 1995
Ms. Bahadoorsingh’s practice is focused on real estate finance, commercial lending, secured transactions and real estate acquisitions and dispositions. She also practises general corporate/commercial law, including buying and selling of businesses, professional incorporations and business succession planning.
Prior to joining Terra Law, Ms. Bahadoorsingh practiced at a well-established mid-sized Vancouver law firm for 4 years, followed by 15 years at a leading national law firm.
- Acting as counsel for banks, institutional lenders, financial intermediaries and borrowers in all areas of lending, including acquisition & construction finance, real estate refinance, asset-based lending, CMBS financing and project finance;
- Advising purchasers and vendors of commercial and investment properties, including shopping centres, hotels and apartment buildings;
- Preparing standard form financing documents for private lenders, equipment financiers and automobile lessors;
- Representing a major U.S. lender with respect to several golf course and hotel financings in British Columbia and Alberta;
- Counsel to a U.S. railroad company which bought, financed and sold several short-line railways in Canada.
Ms. Bahadoorsingh has spoken and written extensively on secured transactions in Canada. She co-authored a chapter in an International Bar Association publication entitled, “Remedies Under Security Interests in Canada: An Overview” (2002). She was a contributing author to the B.C. PPSA Practice Manual’s chapter on Chattel Leases for over 15 years. Ms. Bahadoorsingh graduated as “Most Outstanding Female Graduate” from UBC’s Sauder School of Business in 1990, from where she obtained a BCom (Urban Land Economics) with First Class Honours; she received an LLB from UBC in 1994, after studying international law in a study-abroad program at the University of Copenhagen.