AREAS OF EXPERTISE
DOWNLOAD / PRINT
University of Toronto
British Columbia, 2010
Jonathan’s practice is primarily focused on commercial real estate and he advises clients on matters relating to the acquisition, disposition, financing and development of multi-family residential real estate projects and commercial investment properties.
Jonathan is a past member of the NAIOP Vancouver Developing Leaders Committee, which focuses on career-development, networking and educational programs and events for young professionals within the commercial real estate industry.
Prior to joining Terra Law, Jonathan practiced in the Real Property and Planning Group of a leading national law firm.
- Acting on the purchase and sale of commercial, industrial and multi-family residential properties, including preparing and negotiating purchase agreements and options to purchase, conducting due diligence and closing such transactions.
- Acting for major developers of residential, commercial and mixed-use developments, including strata property, phased strata property, airspace subdivision and bare land developments.
- Acting for borrowers in obtaining debt and equity financing, including acquisition and construction financing and deposit protection insurance facilities.
- Advising developers on Real Estate Development Marketing Act, Strata Property Act and Land Title Act issues, including all aspects of subdivision approval, marketing and sale of development property.
- Acting for developers in connection with the cancellation and purchase of strata plans, including sale by way of a liquidator appointed under the Strata Property Act.
- Acting for landlords and tenants on all aspects relating to commercial leasing and residential tenancies, including preparing and negotiating leases and subleases, amending and renewing leases and advising parties to leasing disputes.
- Acted on the purchase of a “AAA” office tower in downtown Vancouver in one of the largest single real estate asset sale transactions in Metro Vancouver history.
- Acted on the conversion of an occupied high-rise residential rental property to a market strata development.