AREAS OF EXPERTISE
DOWNLOAD / PRINT
University of British Columbia
British Columbia, 2015
Karoline’s practice is primarily focused on commercial real estate law, including acquisitions and dispositions, development
(including strata development), leasing, financing and due diligence. She routinely assists purchasers in acquiring assets,
obtaining financing for new purchases and refinancing for currently held assets. In addition to transactional work, Karoline drafts
legal documents and agreements, including disclosure statements in accordance with the Real Estate Development
Marketing Act, and assists clients with general corporate/commercial matters. She regularly reviews and advises on all
manner of legal encumbrances and is familiar with the development agreements and requirements of municipalities across
the Lower Mainland.
Prior to joining Terra Law, Ms. Clarke articled with the Vancouver office of a global law firm. She received a Bachelor of Arts
from the University of British Columbia in 2010 and her Juris Doctor Degree in 2014.
Ms. Clarke was called to the British Columbia bar in 2015. She is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia, the Canada
Bar Association and the Vancouver Bar Association.
- Acting for purchasers and vendors in connection with acquisitions and dispositions of commercial and industrial property.
- Acting for borrowers in obtaining debt and equity financing, including acquisition and construction financing and deposit
protection insurance facilities.
- Acting for clients in a variety of commercial transactions, including negotiating and drafting asset purchase agreements,
share purchase agreements, loan documents and confidentiality agreements.
- Acting for international timeshare companies in offering resort interests to the Canadian market.
- Assisting both commercial landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of leases.