AREAS OF EXPERTISE
DOWNLOAD / PRINT
University of British Columbia
Mr. Foster’s practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions and property development. He has experience with the acquisition, financing and sale of real property. Mr. Foster regularly provides clients with strategic and practical advice on Real Estate Development Marketing Act issues, site acquisition, land assembly, subdivision, strata property, permitting and regulatory compliance. He has experience drafting complex agreements dealing with all aspects of real property development.
Prior to joining Terra Law, Mr. Foster practiced in the real estate group of a leading national law firm. Before becoming a lawyer, he was a real estate analyst for an international consulting firm and a consultant for a boutique firm specializing in hotel and resort valuation.
Mr. Foster obtained a BA from the University of Victoria (2006), an MA from Queen’s University (2007) and a JD from the University of British Columbia (2014).
Mr. Foster co-authored “The Purchase Contract” chapter in the BC Real Estate Practice Manual, CLE BC 2017.
- Advising developers on Real Estate Development Marketing Act, Strata Property Act and Land Title Act issues, including all aspects of subdivision approval and the marketing and sale of development property;
- Advising borrowers and lenders in connection with acquisition, mezzanine and construction financing, including deposit protection insurance facilities;
- Acting for purchasers and vendors in connection with the acquisition and disposition of residential, commercial and industrial property;
- Acting for a vendor on the disposition of a national portfolio of hotel and resort property;
- Acting for a purchaser on the acquisition of a condominium building by way of strata wind-up transaction;
- Acting for a purchaser in connection with the acquisition of heritage density.