AREAS OF EXPERTISE
DOWNLOAD / PRINT
University of British Columbia
British Columbia, 2001
Robyn’s practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions and property development. She represents clients throughout the construction, financing and completion of real estate development projects. Her work includes providing strategic advice and preparing documentation in connection with the development of multi-staged, master-planned communities, mixed-use commercial and residential strata projects, phased strata plan developments, and complex subdivisions. Robyn advises developers in relation to a broad range of development matters including, site acquisition, financing and rezoning, subdivision and servicing requirements, site assembly and air space parcel subdivisions. In her practice, Robyn has also gained extensive experience in preparing Disclosure Statements and advising developers on compliance matters under the Real Estate Development Marketing Act (“REDMA”).
Robyn is a member of the Real Property, Business and Banking Law Subsections of the Canadian Bar Association. She is also an active member of the Vancouver Chapter of CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women). Prior to joining Terra Law, Robyn practiced for a number of years as a solicitor focused on land development, acquisitions, general business law and commercial and residential conveyancing with a well-established Vancouver law firm. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Bachelor of Laws from the University of British Columbia, and went on to article with a national law firm.
- Regularly advising developers on legal pre-sale requirements and all related marketing and sales compliance matters with respect to REDMA;
- The preparation and filing of Disclosure Statements on behalf of developers pursuant to REDMA, for bare land, townhome, strata resort condominiums and mixed-use projects with commercial air space parcels;
- Acting for developers on various real estate development matters in relation to multi-family residential and commercial developments (including phased, mixed-use and airspace parcel developments) throughout the Lower Mainland and across British Columbia;
- Assisting clients with the purchase and sale of commercial, industrial, multi-family residential properties and shopping centres, preparing and negotiating purchase agreements and options to purchase, conducting due diligence and closing such transactions;
- Acting for borrowers in obtaining acquisition and construction financing including deposit protection insurance facilities;
- Acting for commercial and private lenders in various lending transactions;
- Assisting clients in negotiations with municipalities and in the preparation and registration of development servicing agreements including covenants, easements, statutory rights-of-way, complex air space and cost-sharing agreements;
- Advising landlords and tenants with respect to office, industrial, retail and shopping centre leases, and assisting with the preparation of leases and negotiations;
- Assisting clients with the formation of real estate ownership structures and preparing co-ownership agreements, joint ventures, limited partnership, shareholder arrangements and bare trusts; and
- Advising property managers, strata corporations and owners on issues arising under the Strata Property Act, and related legal disputes involving strata ownership.