Ms. Ellingson’s practice involves extensive work with real estate developers and commercial landlords and tenants. She regularly advises clients on issues related to the acquisition, structuring, financing, development, construction, leasing and sale of investment and development property, including industrial, commercial, mixed-use, multi-family residential and seniors’ independent living projects. In addition, Ms. Ellingson provides advice on construction disputes, lease defaults, builders’ lien matters and FINTRAC compliance.
Ms. Ellingson is recognized by Best Lawyers for her legal expertise in the area of Real Estate Development and Commercial Leasing and by Lexpert as a leading practitioner in Property Leasing. She is also recognized by Lexpert and Report on Business as one of Canada’s Leading Infrastructure Lawyers.
* Law Corporation
- Acting for a variety of private company developers in the acquisition, development and sale and leasing of multi-acre, master planned mixed use and residential communities;
- Preparing standard form leasing documents for, and drafting and negotiating commercial leases on behalf of, regional and national landlords and tenants;
- Advising a charitable society in its purchase of a portfolio of seniors’ care and independent living facilities located in British Columbia;
- Representing for a BC-based private company purchaser of a portfolio of industrial and commercial properties located in Ontario;
- Representing the seller of a large portfolio of commercial properties located in BC and Ontario;
- Advising a BC-based public company owner of a chemical production, storage and shipping facility in northern BC, including negotiating the sale of those facilities and long term contracts for post-closing supply and product handling services;
- Representing a BC-based private company purchaser in its acquisition of a one million square foot distribution centre building in the GTA;
- Advising an Ontario-based limited partnership on its acquisition of land and property rights for the development of a run of river power generation facility in BC;
- Preparing precedent leases, easements and rights of way for BC wind farm developments;
- Negotiating terms of development management agreements between private company developers and public bodies;
- Preparing a standardized FINTRAC compliance manual for real estate developers;
- Preparing shared facilities agreements and reciprocal easements and other interests for complex air space subdivisions;
- Advising on Strata Property Act and Real Estate Development Marketing Act issues; and
- Serving on the Urban Development Institute’s Legal Issues Committee.