Mr. Miller’s practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions and property development. Mr. Miller has acted for clients on a wide variety of commercial real estate matters including acquisitions, development approvals, sales, financings, and commercial leases. Mr. Miller also has experience working on general corporate-commercial matters and the purchase and sale of businesses.
Mr. Miller received a BComm from the University of Alberta and a J.D. from the University of British Columbia. He was called to the bar of British Columbia in 2016.
Mr. Miller has been a volunteer with Vancouver Heritage Foundation since 2014.
- • Acting for developers in connection with all aspects of residential, commercial and mixed-use developments, including preparing disclosure statements, purchase contracts and strata bylaws;
- • Advising borrowers and lenders in connection with acquisition, takeout, mezzanine and construction financing, including deposit protection insurance facilities, for both single and multi-site properties;
- • Acquisition, disposition, and financing of real properties around Vancouver and elsewhere in British Columbia;
- • Acting for clients in all aspects of the development approval stage, including land assembly, subdivision and re-zoning by working directly with surveyors and drafting/negotiating statutory rights of way, easements and covenants required for local government approval;
- • Structuring forms of ownership of real estate, including limited partnership and co-ownership joint ventures;
- • Acting for landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of commercial leases; and
- • Acting for small and medium sized businesses in a variety of corporate/commercial matters, including negotiating and preparing asset purchase agreements, share purchase agreements, and shareholders’ agreements.