Mr. Miller’s practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions and property development matters. Mr. Miller has been involved in real estate acquisitions, sales, financings, and leases. Mr. Miller also has experience working on general corporate-commercial matters, the purchase and sale of businesses, and tax planning for closely-held corporations.
Prior to joining Terra Law, Mr. Miller practiced at a downtown Vancouver business law boutique.
Mr. Miller received a BComm from the University of Alberta and a J.D. from the University of British Columbia. He was called to the bar of British Columbia in 2016.
Mr. Miller has completed Level 1 of CPA Canada’s In-Depth Tax Course and is currently enrolled in Level 2.
Mr. Miller has been a volunteer with Vancouver Heritage Foundation since 2014.
- Acquisition, disposition, and financing of real properties around Vancouver and elsewhere in British Columbia;
- Structuring forms of ownership of real estate, including limited partnership and co-ownership joint ventures;
- Acting for landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of leases;
- Working on tax planning for closely-held corporations on matters including corporate reorganizations and restructurings, organization of business enterprises, professional corporations, and trusts and estate/succession planning; and
- Acting for small and medium sized businesses in a variety of corporate/commercial matters, including negotiating and preparing asset purchase agreements, share purchase agreements, and shareholders’ agreements.