Mr. Leung’s practice involves extensive work with real estate developers. He regularly advises clients on planning and development issues related to the acquisition, structuring, financing, development, construction and sale of development property, including advice on rezoning issues, subdivision and servicing issues (including air space subdivisions), land title issues, strata title issues and Real Estate Development Marketing Act issues. Mr. Leung also regularly assists clients on the acquisition, financing, leasing and disposition of commercial investment, hotels and resort properties.
Mr. Leung is recognized by CorporateINTL as Real Estate Development Lawyer of the Year in Canada in 2017. Mr. Leung is also recognized by Best Lawyers as a distinguished leader in the fields of Real Estate Law and Commercial Leasing Law, by Lexpert as a leading practitioner in Property Development, and by Lexpert and Report on Business as one of Canada’s Leading Infrastructure Lawyers.
Mr. Leung is a contributing author of the British Columbia Real Estate Practice Manual chapter entitled “The Purchase Contract”.
* Law Corporation
- Advising on all aspects related to land acquisition, debt and equity financing, rezoning, subdivision, development approvals, marketing and sales;
- Acting for developers of residential developments, mixed-use developments, hotel developments, commercial and industrial developments, and master planned communities;
- Structuring joint venture and partnership arrangements for the acquisition and development of real estate;
- Advising on private equity lender investment of subordinated debt for development projects;
- Acting for purchasers and vendors of commercial investment, hotel and resort properties (including wineries, shopping centres, industrial properties, apartment buildings and office buildings);
- Acting for the developer of a master planned golf course community;
- Acting for purchasers and vendors on commercial sale and lease back transactions;
- Advising investment property owners with respect to property management issues;
- Advising on Strata Property Act and Real Estate Development Marketing Act issues;
- Acting on commercial lease transactions for landlords and tenants; and
- Acting for private lenders on loan transactions.