Mr. Cosulich’s practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions and property development. He regularly provides clients with strategic and practical advice on Real Estate Development Marketing Act issues, site acquisition, financing, land assembly, subdivision, rezoning, strata property, ground leases and University trust matters.
Mr. Cosulich obtained a Bachelor of Commerce (with distinction) from the University of Victoria (2010) and a JD from Dalhousie University (2014). He was admitted to the Law Society of British Columbia in January of 2016.
- Advising developers on Real Estate Development Marketing Act, Strata Property Act and Land Title Act issues;
- Acting for developers in connection with all aspects of residential, commercial and mixed-use developments, including preparing disclosure statements, purchase contracts and strata bylaws;
- Advising developers on launching unique pre-sale marketing programs for residential, commercial and mixed-use developments;
- Advising borrowers and lenders in connection with acquisition, takeout, mezzanine and construction financing, including deposit protection insurance facilities, for both single and multi-site properties;
- Acting for purchasers and vendors in connection with the acquisition and disposition of commercial property and residential property (used for investment/land assembly purposes) by preparing offers to purchase, vendor takeback mortgages and other instruments unique to a client’s deal;
- Acting for clients in all aspects of the development approval stage, including land assembly, subdivision and re-zoning by working directly with surveyors and drafting/negotiating statutory rights of way, easements and covenants required for local government approval;
- Acting for landlords and tenants by reviewing and drafting commercial leases, ground leases, renewals and amendments;
- Advising clients on the purchase of available heritage density inventory from existing vendors, as well as the purchase of heritage amenity shares directly from the City of Vancouver; and
- Acting for university trusts in British Columbia, including the master developer of the UniverCity Community at Simon Fraser University, an award-winning sustainable community, and the Thompson Rivers University Trust, developer of The Reach. His experience in this area includes preparing and negotiating offers to lease for long term leasehold interests of university land and advising the trust on all aspects of developing residential, commercial and mixed-use developments on leasehold land
Mr. Cosulich is also a contributing author to Continuing Legal Education British Columbia’s BC Real Estate Practice Manual (2018) publication