Ms. Swamy’s practice is primarily focused on commercial real estate, including acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, financing and due diligence. She frequently acts for clients buying, selling and leasing investment properties. Ms. Swamy also practices general corporate/commercial law and advises clients on matters relating to incorporations, purchase and sale of businesses and other general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Terra Law, Ms. Swamy practiced with a well-established Vancouver law firm.
* Law Corporation
- Acting for clients in the purchase and sale of commercial properties, including shopping centres, residential apartment buildings, development sites and office buildings;
- Acting for clients in the acquisition and disposition of major hotels;
- Acting as counsel for banks, private lenders and borrowers on loan transactions;
- Structuring joint venture, co-ownership and partnership arrangements for the acquisition of real estate;
- Acting for commercial landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of leases; and
- Acting for clients in a wide array of corporate commercial matters, including incorporations, asset and share purchase sales and drafting commercial contracts such as shareholders’ agreements.