Taking a property development project through from start to finish is a complex process that involves legal issues all along the way. At Terra Law, we understand the pressures associated with the property development business. We know that real estate developers need timely, confident, practical and accurate advice to structure, develop and sell or lease their development projects successfully, no matter what the economic environment may be. We can help because our property development lawyers are known in the industry for their legal knowledge, experience, attention to detail, track record of success, creativity, work ethic, responsiveness and availability. We work closely with our client’s development and constructions teams, and their external professional consultants such as engineers, architects and surveyors. We deal directly with planning staff and other municipal, regional and provincial authorities in connection with subdivision, zoning and development permit applications, helping to resolve issues along the way and co-ordinate and implement the related legal requirements.
Terra Law’s Property Development expertise includes:
- structuring the ownership vehicle
- obtaining municipal approvals and permits, including municipal law advice and drafting and negotiating required covenants, statutory rights of way and easements
- conventional and air space subdivisions
- construction financing
- strata/condominium matters, including mixed-use issues such as common and shared facilities programming, cost-sharing and phasing
- preparing disclosure statements for condominium, fractional, timeshare and conventional/bare-land strata sales, including advising on marketing and securities issues
- acting for developers in conveying the completed lots, strata lots or interests
We have been involved in a wide range of property development projects and there are few issues our lawyers have not encountered, so we know the options. This allows us to provide efficient solutions to our clients’ legal challenges, customized to their particular situations.
Contact us for more information about how we can help you.