Mr. Mackoff’s practice is primarily focused on commercial real estate transactions and development. He regularly provides advice to clients on all aspects of real estate development, including the acquisition of development lands, the obtaining of necessary rezoning, subdivision and development approvals for complex development projects and the marketing of development projects.
Mr. Mackoff has particular experience with advising developers of pre-sale strata lots in respect of their obligations under the Real Estate Development Marketing Act.
Mr. Mackoff regularly assists landlords in the preparation, negotiation and settlement of commercial leases.
* Law Corporation
- Acting for developers in all aspects of development projects, including commercial, mixed use, multi-family and master planned community developments throughout the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island;
- Acting for developers in connection with acquisition financing, construction financing and deposit protection insurance facilities;
- Acting for developers in connection with site assemblies;
- Acting for landlords in connection with the preparation of standard commercial lease documents and the negotiation and settlement of commercial leases with local, regional and national tenants;
- Advising developers in connection with strata wind-ups;
- Drafting disclosure statements, strata bylaws, purchase agreements and ancillary documents in connection with Real Estate Development Marketing Act compliance;
- Preparing development and construction management agreements; and
- Acting for purchasers in connection with the acquisition of income producing properties.